Posting to the message board lets you communicate important information to your guards in real time. Access the message board by clicking the Message Board tab on the site page.
Viewing and Filtering Messages
When you click the message board tab, you can view existing messages. You have the option to filter messages by the following criteria:
- Message category
- Message status
Current, Current + future messages, and Expired messages
- Current messages will display all the messages that were posted/published in the past up until today's date
- Current + future messages will display all the existing messages and any scheduled to be posted in the future.
- Expired messages will display all expired messages.
- A filter allows you to search by individual word.
To post a message, select Post Message.
- Message Category: Select the type of message. Choose from Announcement, B.O.L.O, Procedure Change Memo, or Weather Alert.
- Message: Type the message you want to share with the site employees.
- Available To: Leave blank to make the message available to all. Or choose specific employees' names.
- Publish Date: The date on which the message will become available.
- Expiry Date: The date on which the message is set to expire.
- Status: Select from Actual (current), Draft, or Completed.
- Picture: Attach a photo to the message. The image will be visible on the mobile device.
- Attachment: Attach a file to the message. This will also be visible on the mobile device.
Post to subsites: If checked and the Site is a master site, the message will be visible at the subsites.
To Note About The Site Message Board
- Messages posted at the Site will be visible to a user with an On-Site License, a Zone License that contains that Site, or a Site License.
- Messages posted will be visible in the Client Portal with access to that Site, Sub-Site or Multi-Site.
Posting To A Multi-Site Message Board
- Messages posted at the Multi-Site will be visible for the user with access to an On-Site License, Zone License that contains that Site, and Site License of the Multi-Site.
- Messages posted at the Multi-Site with the Post to Sub-Sites option will be visible for the user with access to an On-Site License, Zone License that contains that Site when signing in to that Site, and Site License at the Multi-Site or the Sub-Sites.
Note: The Post To Sub-sites option is a check box that appears when posting messages at a multi-site.
- Messages posted will be visible to the Client Portal for the Client if they have access to the Multi-Site. The Client Portal will show the messages from the Multi-Site and the Sub-Sites.
- If the Site is a subsite of a Multi and the customer has client portal access, the user will see the site-specific message at the Multi and site-specific view.
Message Board Permission Level
Be sure to set the permission level appropriate for the access users will need.
Messages posted at the multi-site level will be visible in the following areas.