Notifications are emails or text messages that you receive when certain actions occur in the system. Some examples of triggers include late clock-ins, late tours, late checkpoint scans, and finished tours.
You can set up notifications at the portal, zone, or site levels. Notifications at the site level override those set at the portal and the zone. Notifications set at the zone level override those set at the portal.
Portal notification settings are applied to all sites and zone by default.
To begin setting up notifications:
- Click on the Settings tile.
- Click on the Notifications link.
- Late tour/checkpoint: This notification is triggered when a checkpoint is scanned late, or a tour is started late.
- On Termination: Terminating an employee will trigger this notification.
- Finished Tour / Runsheet: There are 3 options for this notification: 1. Trigger a notification when a tour is finished (whether complete or incomplete). 2. Trigger a notification when a runsheet is finished (whether complete or incomplete). 3. Trigger a notification if a runsheet is incomplete.
- Alerts/panic/important reports: Trigger a notification when the panic button is activated, or when a report is filed that is flagged as an important report. For more about reports that are flagged to trigger this notification, please see this article.
- Late clock-in: This notification is sent when employees clock in late.
- Break Management - Missed break: This notification will trigger when a guard misses a break during their shift.
- Break Management - Longer break: This notification will trigger when a guard takes a longer break than what was scheduled.
- Break Management - Short break: This notification will be triggered when a guard takes a break that was shorter than scheduled.
- Break Management - Late break: This notification will trigger when a guard takes a late break during a shift.
- Break Management - Earlier break: This notification is triggered when a guard takes an earlier break than scheduled.
- Break Management - Unscheduled Break - For Scheduled Shifts Only: This notification is triggered when a guard takes an unscheduled break.
- Clock-in / out: This notification triggers when a guard clocks in or out. You can also trigger notifications from this tab when employees clock in from outside of an allowed area, or when they clock in without GPS coordinates.
You can specify the email address / Cell phone number that will receive these notifications.
Select the tab for the notification you would like to configure. Click the drop down menu to add a new notification rule. Select the Create Custom Notification Rules option.
Fill out the appropriate fields
- Select the method to send the notification, either by email or by SMS.
- Enter the name of the recipient.
- Enter the email address of the recipient. If the SMS option was selected, there will be a field to enter the recipient's phone number.
- Test the recipient's email address or phone number.
- Delete the recipient.
- Add more recipients.
- Save the new notification rule.
When SMS panic button notifications are triggered, latitude and longitude should be included in the text, like when panic button notification emails are sent.