With TrackTik's reporting capabilities, you can build custom report forms for your clients. Assign report forms to specific client sites and configure the fields that appear in that report form. Access the list of report forms by clicking on the Report Template menu from the Settings tile.
Some examples of custom report templates include activity logs, incident reports, and time-off request forms. You can find a list of pre-defined report templates here.
In this section:
Creating/Modifying the Report Template
- Select the Settings tile from the main TrackTik menu located down the left of the main application window.
- From the Settings menu, select the Report Templates option.
- Under Custom Report Forms, select "New Custom Report."
- This will load the New Custom Report Form window.
- Add information for the report and create rules for where and when the report form will be accessible.
Note: You can review this information and edit forms at any time by selecting the Edit button next to the name of the report in the main Patrol Settings window.
- Once the fields have been completed, click "Save" to save the report form.
Patrol Report parameters to be completed:
Available to all Regions
- Available only to Multi-regional portal from Head Quarters (HQ) or view all regions level.
- This option helps Administrators standardize report templates across multiple regions. Administrators are the template owners, so it can only be edited by an admin who has access to HQ.
Regions to exclude: Make available the report template to select regions in your multi-regional portal.
- Give the report form a name.
- This name appears in the mobile application when officers are selecting a report form.
- Add additional information or instructions about when to use the report form.
- Officers can view this information below the name of the report on the mobile device.
- Typically, used to describe when to use the report form.
- Use report categories to organize report forms.
- Optional field that only organizes report forms in the dashboard.
- They do not affect any functionality of the mobile application.
- Archive report forms that are no longer valid or required. Active the report form is available.
- Assign the report form to a specific site, make it available to all sites, or select On Demand.
Note: "On Demand" will remove the report from the list of reports available on the mobile device. "On Demand" reports can be assigned to Zones with the Zone Reporting option.
- Select the language for the report form.
Support multiple languages
- This allows the user to translate the report template into at least one other language. This makes it easier for users that speak different languages to fill out the reports on their mobile device. The report will open in the phone’s default language. If no translation is available, it will open in the default language of the report template.
- Reports need to be approved before they are made available in the client portal.
- If a report form is set to approve automatically, it is immediately available to clients.
- This is common for maintenance reports or activity log entries.
For Admin Eyes Only
- Keeps a report visible only to users in the Admin portal. On the mobile application, the user will still see the report template to create a new report. Make the report On Demand to remove the report from the list of templates available on the mobile device.
Notify Alert Queue
- Identify this report as an Important Report.
- Important Reports automatically trigger the Alerts/Important Reports notification when they are submitted.
Exclude from Shift Report
- Set report forms to be excluded from the Shift Report.
To set up the report template fields, see the Editing Report Template Fields article.
Export and Copy the Report Template
When exporting and copying report templates, all the configuration data will carry over. This data will include:
- Available to all regions and excluded regions
- Assign to
- The type of report (dispatchable task, regular)
- For admin's eyes only
- Optional tag
- Required field option in "Field Setup."
- "Section" is not removed from the fields in field setup
The original order of the fields will also remain the same.
Copy The Report Template
To copy the report template:
- Click the "Edit" button.
- Click "Copy Report."
- Enter a name for the new report template.
- Click "Save."
Export The Report Template
To export the report template:
- Click the "Edit" button.
- Click "Export Template."
- Copy the string.
- Click the "Import Template Package" button and paste the string. Click the Save button.