Before creating shifts in the template, follow the steps below to ensure the settings for the template are accurate.
- Click on the Settings button above the scheduling grid
- Verify if closed days will affect the schedule. For example, if the location is locked over the weekend, should those days still be shown in the schedule. This allows you to automatically remove days from the calendar where officers would not be required.
- The Shift Board allows you to post Vacant Shifts to a community board where officers assigned to the site can pick up the vacant shifts.
- Set the template cycle duration. The template can be configured to work on a 7-day, 14-day, or custom number of days’ cycle.
- Confirm the starting date for the template and click on the Save button.
- For more information on setting up the defaults, refer to Schedules & Attendance: Settings & Pre-requisites.