You can create checkpoints at a Zone or Site level. You can do so either from the Checkpoints or Tour Routes page. If checkpoints are set up at the site level, your users must log into the site to scan them. Alternatively, a checkpoint set up at the zone level requires users to be logged into the zone to scan them.
You can set up three types of checkpoints in TrackTik: NFC, barcode, and GPS. This eliminates the need for older technologies, such as RFID.
Activate The Bar Code Alternative
Before setting up barcode checkpoints, please ensure the barcode alternative option is active at the site.
- Click the "Security and Patrol" tab.
- Select "On Site" Features from the left menu.
- Activate the Barcode Tour Alternative option.
To create the checkpoints:
- Select the Security & Patrol tab.
- Click the Create Checkpoint button.
The Creation window will appear.
Fill out the fields to create the checkpoint.
Checkpoint Name: Enter the name/description of the checkpoint.
Special Instructions: Any special instructions you enter here will be visible on the mobile device.
Can Be Scanned By: Select who can scan the checkpoint. The default allows for easy transfer of employees should there be a need for one officer to cover for another. Located At: Once you create site locations, you can associate the checkpoint with a specific location or area of the property. This allows for tour exceptions to be tracked through incident analytics.
Checkpoint Monitoring Options:
There are three options provided:
- Request a scan on a regular interval, a set time between scans can be specified.
- Checkpoint is part of a tour, a checkpoint will be assigned to a tour, and You will use the settings specified in the tour.
- Do not monitor. Users can scan it randomly.
Extra Scan Options: Set to "Log Only" by default. This will create a checkpoint log entry each time it is scanned. You can provide or collect information every time the checkpoint is scanned by utilizing the Extra Scan Options. These options are listed below:
- Display a message: Enter text instructions or a message that will display on the device after a simple beep when the user scans the checkpoint.
- Open a report form: Choose from the list of report forms. When the guard scans the checkpoint, TrackTik will prompt the user to fill out the form.
- Exception Verification - Validate Range: Request a numerical response from the user. Identify the floor and ceiling values for an acceptable answer. Any value provided outside of that range will create an exception ticket.
- Exception Verification - Yes/No Question. (No is an Exception): Ask the guard a yes or no question. If the guard provides "No" as a response, TrackTik will create an exception ticket.
- Exception Verification - Yes/No Question: (Yes is an Exception): Ask the guard a yes or no question. If the guard provides "Yes" as a response, TrackTik will create an exception ticket.
- Text Field: A text box where users can input text for the checkpoint.
- Signature Field: A touch screen where the user can input a signature.
- Picture: This will prompt the user to take a standard picture.
- High-Quality Picture: This will prompt the user to take a high-quality picture.
- Required: Make the checkpoint option a required field.
- (Optional) Barcode ID: If you are utilizing barcodes as checkpoints, enter the barcode number in this field to track this checkpoint.
- GPS Scan: Required Accuracy: If GPS is being utilized at the site, you may require the guards to use a GPS location as a checkpoint. Enter the maximum distance (in feet) of accuracy for a checkpoint to trigger in this specified area. See the section below for additional information.
- Allow Manual scanning: This option allows guards to indicate a checkpoint hit without scanning.
- No: It does not allow the user to do a manual scan.
- Yes: it will allow the user to do a manual scan.
- Yes, with a reason: it Will allow the user to do a manual scan, and the mobile device will prompt the user to select the reason they needed to perform a manual scan.
- .the user cannot access the checkpoint
- Checkpoint is damaged
- Checkpoint is missing
Please see this article for information on additional options for GPS checkpoints.