In addition to the options available when setting up NFC and bar code checkpoints, there are additional options to help you use GPS checkpoints efficiently.
GPS checkpoints are best used in large outdoor areas, where GPS signals can be sent and received by your device.
Activate The GPS Checkpoint Scanning Option
Activate the GPS Checkpoint Scanning option at the site in order to use GPS checkpoints.
- Select the Security and Patrol tab.
- Select On Site Features in the left menu.
- Set the GPS Checkpoints Scanning option to yes.
Set Up GPS Checkpoints
- Click the Security and Patrol tab.
- Click the Checkpoints on the left-hand side.
- For existing checkpoints, click the pin button.
- Drop a pin on the map. The geo-coordinates will populate automatically, or,
- Enter the geo-coordinates manually.
- Click the "Save" button.
Note: For information on how to scan and configure checkpoint with the mobile device, please see the TrackTik Mobile Application User Manual.