With these settings, you can enter specific instructions for each job type. Information commonly stored here may include instructions of duties and specific site locations to check or access information such as a security code. This information will be visible to the users as they do their patrols.
You can add and update site instructions at two levels.
Default Site Instructions
From the Mobile Dispatch Settings menu within a specific site, select the Default Site Instructions option.
Enter the desired default site instructions in the form.
Once completed, click Save to create the job instructions.
Job Settings & Instructions
From the Mobile Dispatch Settings menu within a specific site, select the Job Settings & Instructions option.
Select the job/service type and click on Edit Instructions. Enter the desired details/information in the form.
- Job Instructions: Fill in specific information for the guard about the site/job.
- Request a checkpoint tour: Require a checkpoint to be done when the job is performed. Select from a list of tours configured at the site.
- Dispatch Billing Model: If the job is dispatchable, you can select a billing model if you use TrackTik to bill your clients for dispatches.
- Dispatch SLA: Select either the default SLA or a job-specific SLA.
- Enable Client Service Request: Choose whether to allow the client to make service requests.
- Click Save to create the job instructions.
For patrol jobs, you have the ability to enter grace periods before and after the patrol hit.
Follow the steps below to change the default grace periods.
- Click the Settings tile.
- Select the Mobile & Dispatch option.
- Select an option for Allow runsheet task grace periods.
- Choosing Yes will allow adding a grace period onto the predefined job times.
- Choosing No would use the default grace periods (45 minutes job start and 15 minutes after end time)
- Choosing Not enforced would ignore the scheduled time for the job yet still display the period.