Follow the steps below to create a new incident category.
Under Settings > Incident Categories, click on the "+ Create Category" button.
A pop-up form appears with the following fields:
- Code (Optional)
- Details (Optional)
- Priority Level
- Type of Item
- Show in default group
- Master Incident Category, if any
- Add to groups, if any
- This is the name of the incident type that appears in the drop-down menu for officers when they write an incident report.
- Additionally, this is the label of an incident category referenced in the incident analytics.
- You can use a code to reference incident codes in other systems or an internal reference to a specific incident type.
- This is a detailed description of the incident category.
- Notes added here are not visible elsewhere in the system. They serve as a reference to admins reviewing the incident categories.
- This is the severity of the incident.
- You can create notifications based on different priority levels.
Type of Item
- The drop-down in this field pulls the list of Parent Categories.
- From here, the incident category can be assigned to a parent category, where you can include it in notifications for other similar incident types
Show in Default Group
- Assign the new incident category to a specific group based on different vertical markets.
- Select "Yes" to include the incident category in the default group.
- The default group is used at all sites unless a user manually changes the incident group in the site profile
After filling out the desired fields, click the "Save" button to save the incident category.