From within shift tiles, you can manage shift start and end times, swap out guards, approve time, add shift notes, and more. Shift tiles are accessible from the Live Schedule and within the site, zone, and department schedules.
Click on a shift tile to view the information it contains.
- Replace Button: Replace the guard assigned to the shift with another guard.
- Cancel Button: Cancel the shift.
- Shift Information:
- When the shift is starting
- Employee: The first and last name of the employee
- Date: The date of the shift
- Time: The start date and time of the shift.
- Hours: The hours clocked by the employee.
- Site: The name of the site.
- Shift Pay Codes: A breakdown of the number of hours by pay code.
- A breakdown of the number of hours by pay code and by day.
- Split Button: Split the shifts between two guards.
- Click the Split button.
- Select the time to split the shift.
- Select the employee and the break-in minutes for the first shift.
- Select the employee and the break-in minutes for the second shift.
- Click Save.
Shift Information Tab
Replace Button: Click this button to select a different guard to work the shift.
Employee: The employee's name.
Date: The date of the shift.
Time: The start and end times of the shift.
Site: The name of the site or account.
Position: The name of the position.
Add Break: This button allows you to add a break manually.
Punch: The date and time of the punch in and the punch out.
Below the punch data is information about how the punches occurred.
- System auto clock out: This automated feature clocks the guard out after a certain period of inactivity.
- If the shift is scheduled 7 hours after the scheduled end time, it will close at the scheduled end time if no activities have been logged between the end time and now. If there has been an activity after the scheduled end time, it will use the last activity. It will only close the shift at the scheduled end time or the time of the last activity after there have been at least 2 hours of no activity.
- If the shift is unscheduled, 15 hours after the clock-in time, it will close at 8 hours after the clock-in time if no activities have been logged in the last 7 hours. If there have been activities in the last 7 hours, it will use the last activity. It will only close the shift at the 8 hours mark or the time of the last activity after there have been at least 2 hours of no activity.
- Batch Interface: The admin did punch with the batch time clock feature.
- Browser: The user did punch with an onsite license.
- Mobile Application: Punch was performed on a mobile device
Shift Pay Codes: The pay codes and the number of hours break down for the shift.
Overtime Period Start: The day on which the overtime clock re-sets.
Daily Shift Breakdown: This section shows a breakdown of shifts for the period and the number of hours assigned to each pay code.
The Edit Schedule Tab
The Edit Schedule tab allows you to make changes to the scheduled shift.
- Time Range: The start and end time of the shift.
- Shift Start Date: The date on which the shift begins.
- Break (in minutes): The duration of the break-in minutes.
You can either use a position at the current site or search for a position at all sites/accounts.
Note: Archived positions will be available for selection in this section.
- Type: Select from employees assigned to the site, or search all employees.
- Employee: The name of the selected employee.
- Comment/Note (Optional): Enter an optional note in this field.
The View Notes Tab
Use this tab to view and enter shift notes.
Note/Comment: Enter notes about the shift.
Add as billing note: For reference purposes only. Check the box to flag the note as a billing note.
Time Approval Tab
Use this tab to approve the shift and change the approved hours or billing or payroll hours.
Payroll: Select the option to pay or not pay the shift.
Billing: Choose the option to bill or not bill the shift.
Options: Select the option of a regular shift or of time off.
Approved: Enter the approved number of hours.
Payroll Override: The number of hours to be paid is different from approved hours.
Billing Override: Enter the number of hours to be billed if different from the approved hours.
Overrides Payroll Rate: Enter a rate to override the existing payroll rate.
Overrides Billing Rate: Enter a rate to override the existing billing rate.