Thank you for your interest in TrackTik. We have a couple of options to help you get started with the system.
Our Basic Walkthrough will include everything you need to start testing the system. If you plan to implement TrackTik or have purchased the course, you may want to consider the Advanced Walkthrough. The Advanced Walkthrough will cover additional features normally included towards the end of integration.
Follow these steps to download the mobile application before you begin.
You will need access to the Live Dashboard and the mobile device. Before you begin, make sure to complete the following steps.
Prepare the Device:
- Install or create a google account for the device. This is required to access the Google Play store. The same Google (Gmail) account can be used on all devices. We recommend creating a generic Google account for your organization, such as [YourCompany]Ops@gmail.com.
- Get the phone number for the device (if applicable - not required).
Make sure the device is correctly assigned to support the needs of the post. If the device remains at a single site, it can be assigned to that site. If there is a possibility that the device will travel between sites, it should be assigned to the building.
Install the TrackTik Guard Tour Application From the Google Play Store:
- Find the Google Play store icon. Click on the icon to access the Google Play store. If you have not created a Google account on the device, you will be required to do so before accessing the Play store.
- Click on the Apps icon to access the applications section of the Play store.
- Type "TrackTik" into the search bar at the top. Select the TrackTik Guard Tour mobile application.
- Click on the [Install] button to install the application. Note that the button will display "Uninstall" if the application is already available on the device.
Open the Guard Tour Application and Enter the Server URL:
- Click on the [Open] button to open the Guard Tour application.
- Enter your URL in the "Server URL" field. The Server URL will be the same URL you use to access the Live Dashboard. Makes sure to keep the "HTTPS://" in the URL.
- In the next step, you will create the installation code for the device.
The steps above show how to generate an installation code for the site Mid-Atlantic Medical Center. If you would like to assign the phone to a zone (a group of sites) rather than a single site, follow the Zone instructions below.
- Site: Click on the Site List option and access the site profile | Zone: Click on the Site Zones option and access the zone profile.
- Both: Click on the Security and Patrol tab from the site/zone profile.
- Both: Click on the Devices and Licenses option from the Patrol Menu.
- Both: Click on the [Create Device] button. Proceed to the next step.
- Add a Description for the device. This Description will be used to identify the device's license moving forward. Provide a Description that will be helpful when taking inventory of field devices.
- If the device has a phone number, add that here. Once the phone number has been tied to a license, the phone can be used as the installation code.
- Select the position (Post) that will be using the device. The drop-down menu will provide the list of positions (Posts) available for this site/zone.
You will see a license in the list of licenses for the site/zone. Locate the one you created. It should have an "Unused" status. Take the installation code or the phone number, and enter that value in the "Installation Code" field on the mobile device. Once you have added the URL and the installation code/phone number, click on the [Install] button.
This will complete the installation of this device.