SHIFT Admin Settings User Guide
- Android 6.0+
- iOS 11.0+
If you’re on Android:
- Visit this link on your smartphone to download and install TrackTik SHIFT for Android.
If you’re on iOS, there are two steps to follow:
- Visit this link on your smartphone to download and install TrackTik SHIFT for iOS.
- The employees need to have access to a valid TrackTik Domain URL
- The employees must have an active employee profile with a username/ email address and password. (Same credentials they would use to login to all TrackTik products)
Viewing My Schedule
For the employees to have access to their schedules, you need to have TrackTik’s Scheduling Module enabled. Once the Schedules are published, the employees will have access to view their assigned shifts in the application. (Same behavior as the staff web portal) The employees will be able to acknowledge the shifts directly in the application to let you know they have seen them. (Same behavior as acknowledging the Schedule email notification). When you modify shifts that have already been published, the employees will see the changes inside the application and will be able to acknowledge those changes. If you add any information to the Schedule Memo field inside the position form, the employee will view the information inside the application in the shift detail view.
Allow clock-in via SHIFT App
As an Admin, in the Features list at the region or site level, you will be able to turn OFF the use of the Shift Clock for Shift users (you can override at the site level)
On the SHIFT app if the Shift Clock is OFF, the users will :
- No longer see the button “Go To Shiflclock” on the detail page of their current shift
- No longer receive Shift clock related notification to avoid confusion (clock-in, break, clock-out)
- The status on the Shift clock page (banner on top) should stop counting down as soon as the shift starts, and the banner will say " You have a scheduled shift now"
- No longer see the clock-in button and will see this sentence instead “Shift Clock via TrackTik Shift is disabled for this site.”
However, if you allow users to use the Shift Clock, the list below details other settings or features you can use.
you can set Clock-in restrictions at the site level: Security & Patrol>Mobile App Restrictions>Geofence Clock-in Restrictions
Setting you can do the allowed Geofence parameter at the site level: Security & Patrol>Geo-Fencing
If your employees' sites are scheduled to work at have been configured with geofence clock-in restrictions, the employees will need to give TrackTik SHIFT app access to their location upon clocking in. Once they have given access to their location, TrackTik SHIFT will verify that they are at the right location.
Depending on the option selected above, the employee will face the following scenarios :
- No GPS Clock-in Restrictions: Employees can clock-in without their GPS location being considered. An employee will clock in even if the location access is turned off for Tracktik SHIFT.
- Block clock-in when not in the range: it will block them from clocking-in if they are not in the allowed geofence area and see the message “Seems like you are not on-site” Employee will have to allow location access to be able to clock in.
- Permit clock-in and open a system exception when not in range: They will be allowed to clock-in, but it will generate a System Exception ticket, letting you know that an employee clocked-in when they were outside the allowed geofenced area. The employee will have to allow location access to be able to clock in.
The clock-in button will become available for the employee based on the scheduled start time of the shift and this setting :
Settings>General>Scheduling>Permit early clock-in (in minutes)
If the permitted early clock-in is set to 15 minutes and the employee’s shift is scheduled to start at 9 am, the employee will be eligible to clock-in at 8:45 am. This is also when he will receive the notification letting him know he has permission to clock-in now. (Same behavior we have with Department licenses IVR and Kiosk)
TrackTik SHIFT fully supports Break Management rules and conditions you have set-up at the region level and then applied in the position form. Here is where to set the rules and reminders for the region level (If you have multiple Regions, you need to be at HQ level or a Parent region: Settings>Backoffice Configurations>Break Management
Note: We know break compliance can often be difficult for you and your manager to ensure; hence the break related notifications set up by you (in break management settings) CANNOT be disabled or muted by the users, as long as notifications for TrackTik Shift is enabled on the device.
Based on the settings below:
- When the employee is on the Shift summary screen, they should see Red if my actual clock-in is 16 min or more before the scheduled clock-in time of my shift OR if my actual clock-in is 11 min or more after the scheduled clock-in time for my shift (the 2 settings that are being considered here are Permit early clock-in (in minutes) and Send Late Clock-In Alert after (in Minutes) )
- AND I should see Red if my actual clock-out is 21 min or more before the scheduled clock-out time of my shift OR if my actual clock-out is 1 min or more after the scheduled clock-out time for my shift (the 2 settings that are being considered here are Send Early Clock-Out Alert Before (in Minutes) and Send Late Clock-Out Reminder after (in minutes) )
- AND I should see Red if my actual meal/rest break duration is any duration shorter than the scheduled duration time for that break type OR if my actual rest/meal break duration is 1 min or more than the scheduled break duration time for that break type (the setting being considered here is Longer Break Grace Period (in min)
Browsing available Open Shifts
If you want your employees to access the Open Shift screen on their SHIFT application, you need to activate the feature at the Region level and the site level.
Site>Schedules>Prepare>Settings>Allow Shift Board Self-Schedule
You also need to give your employees a few permissions for them to view available open shifts and be able to either Take or Request them. "Take" means they can self-assign open shifts to themselves without any additional manager approval, and requesting means it has to go through the regular manager approval process. We have not made any modifications to this process. We are just making it easier for employees to pick up additional shifts.
Settings>Roles & Security>Staff Portal Roles>ShiftBoard folder
Skills & Attributes
Skills & Attributes will now be visible in the SHIFT app only for the category: Licenses & Permits. If an employee has 6 skills set-up in their profile like in the screenshot below, only the Firearm Permit, Driver’s License, and SIA License would be view only (no option to edit or update for now).
Based on what you have set-up under Settings>General>General>Expiring Skill Warning (in days), the employees will also receive notifications and visual indicators in the app that a license or permit is expiring soon or is expired.
Past shift information is visible in the Timesheets section of the SHIFT app. Information like scheduled shift duration vs. clocked duration, Scheduled break(s) vs. actual break(s), approved hours, and pay rate will be visible for the employee.
To receive notifications, employees must log in to the app. The app can be running in the foreground, in the background, or be closed.
- Settings trigger it>General>Scheduling>Permit early clock-in (in minutes) (same as we currently use for kiosk, IVR, and Department licenses)
Late to Clock-in Notification
- Is triggered by Settings>General>Scheduling>Send Late Clock-In Alert after (in Minutes)
Scheduled Break is over Notification
- Is triggered by regular break time from shift payload. After 1 minute of the scheduled break end time.
- NOTE: if scheduled break minutes= 0 min but that you still decide to start a break, then you should not receive a "break is over" notification
- Once you have used up all your break minutes and you have received your first "break is over" notification, if you start another break, you will not receive any other "break is over" notifications.
Scheduled Shift is over Notification
- Is triggered by Scheduled shift end time. As soon as the current shift end time is "now," then trigger the notification.
Late Clock-out Notification
- Is triggered by Settings>General>Scheduling>Send Late Clock-Out Reminder after (in minutes)
- NOTE: If the setting is set to 0 minutes, you should not receive a late clock-out notification; you only receive "it's time to clock-out" notification.
New Shift Notification triggers
My manager distributes a new schedule with shifts assigned to me
Shift Updates Notification
Manager notifies changes after making edits to a shift assigned to me or assigning a new shift.
Expiring Skills Notification
As mentioned in the section above, the users will receive a notification when a License or Permit is expiring soon or is expired.