To navigate the creation map
At the bottom of the Geo-Fence map, there are two icons. These can be used for navigating the map and creating geofences.
Hand Icon: Use this icon to navigate the map. Click to grab a position on the map and drag the map to navigate to the desired area.
Polygon Icon: Click on the Polygon icon to create a geo-fence. Once this icon is clicked, the mouse will act as a shape-drawing tool. Click on specific locations on the map to create points that will act as intersections for the lines of the desired shape.
To create a new geofence
- Select the Polygon icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Allowed” or “Restricted” below the map. By default, it is on ‘Allowed’
- Add additional points as needed to create the desired shape for the geofence.
- After creating the last unique point, click on the original starting point. This will close the shape and prompt the pop-up window.
- In the pop-up window, provide a name for this geofenced area.
- Click on the Save button to create the new geofence.