The BYOD option allows contracted officers to use TrackTik by providing a dynamic license. Rather than assigning the contractor's device to a site or zone, this option will automatically place the device at the site or the zone based on the shift assigned to the contracted officer. Since it is based on the shift, it is only available in our Scheduling module.
The BYOD option uses the officer's shift to assign the device to the appropriate zone or site. The mechanism for doing this follows the logic below.
- The user enters their username.
- The mobile application pings the server and performs a search for shifts assigned to the user.
- Once the shift is found, the server returns the information from the shift (Start/End time and Site/Zone)
- The mobile application updates the dynamic license and assigns the device to the site or zone where the shift exists.
How to Create a BYOD License
BYOD licenses are generated from a Department rather than a site or zone. This will give the license, and device, the flexibility to work at any site or zone where the user's shift exists. To locate a BYOD license, follow the steps below.
- Hover over the "Employees" tile on the left-hand side menu. Select the "Departments" option from the pop-out menu.
- If no Departments appear, continue to the next step. If the desired Department is present, locate the BYOD license installation code in the green box above.
Create a Department (If applicable)
The BYOD license will require a Department. Before installing a BYOD license, locate the desired Department, or follow the steps below to create a department.
- Hover over the Employees tile from the left-hand side menu. From the pop-out menu, select the "Department" option.
- To create a new Department, click on the Create Department button.
- Complete the information in the form.
- Click on the Save button to create the department.
Install a BYOD License
After creating a Department, the Department will generate an installation code that can be used by contracted officers. If this code is installed on a device, then that device will be using a dynamic license. Complete the installation as normal. Once at the login screen, the device is ready to use.
Again, the dynamic license will automatically assign the device to the site or zone where the user's shift exists.