In cases where employees work across multiple regions, their shifts will appear now in their home region when the payroll is calculated.
- User 1 performs shifts in region B.
- When running payroll for region A, all the performed shifts for User 1 in region B are calculated.
- All unapproved shifts for User 1 in region B will be displayed as a warning to notify the payroll user.
- When running payroll in the HQ region, all the performed shifts for User 1 in region B are calculated, and all the unapproved shifts for User 1 in region B will be displayed as an error for the payroll user to resolve.
The Hierarchy of Pay Rates
TrackTik applies pay rates in a hierarchical manner. Starting with most specific (shift rate) and going to least specific (Default BackOffice setting), the hierarchy is as follows:
- Shift Rate: If the shift has a pay rate value it is taken from wherever the user worked
- Position Rate: If the position has a post rate value, it is taken from wherever the user worked
- Account/User Rate: If the account/user has a pay rate it is taken from wherever the user worked
- HR Profile: Is taken from the user profile the user’s home region
- Employee Class/Group: Is taken from the user’s profile home region
- Default rate (Backoffice setting): Is taken from the user’s profile home region
Remember that the more-specific rate will override the less-specific rate.
HR & Payroll: Overtime Calculation In A Region With Sub-Regions
When User 1 has worked overtime (OT) in sub-regions A1, A2, A3, the OT calculation is based on the overtime rule settings in User 1’s home region (region A in this example).