Learn how to create jobs and service types for Dispatch.
Like runsheets, jobs and service types are the building blocks of dispatches. Jobs and service types for dispatches are configured similarly to those for runsheets.
Creating Job and Service Types for Dispatch
To create a new Job or Service Type in your system:
- Click the Settings tile.
- Under Operation Configurations, select Jobs / Service Types.
The Jobs / Service Types panel loads, listing all the existing job types.
- Click on the Create New button in the upper left corner of the Job / Service Types panel.
- Enter the required details requested in the popup that loads.
- Description: Name to represent the Job/Service type.
- Prefix code: Can only be used when the dispatch module is activated. Use prefix codes to identify dispatch tasks quickly.
- Details: Enter information to describe the Job/Service type.
- Report Template: Assign a default Report Template.
- Dispatchable: Select so that the Job/Service type will be used for Dispatchable tasks.
- Dispatch Workflow: Choose the appropriate Dispatch Workflow
Note: If the bill item is dispatchable, you must select a workflow with at least one node. If the workflow does not have at least one node, it will not appear in the drop-down list.
- Priority: Select the priority level
- Dispatch Group: Select the Dispatch Group (preset to mobile users - vendors)
- Billing Options: Select if the Billing Options require a contract or not.
- Schedulable (Runsheet): Select the Job/Service type to be available to be assigned to Runsheets.
- Billable Item: * Not required. You can configure it with TrackTik's billing module.
- Available to all regions: For multi-region portals to make the job available to all regions
- Select Save.